Box of Tricks launched our PlayMakers: Masterclass series to connect Northern playwrights through online workshops and offer a creative space to explore the craft of playwriting. Delivered by leading writers, join us as we explore a wide range of playwriting skills including redrafting, flexing creative muscles, employing storytelling devices, theatricality, group dynamics and dialogue.
Season One (July-October 2020) is now available via our video archive below.
Watch this space for Season Two in the new year!
Season One: July - October 2020
Check out our video archive of Masterclasses: Season One...
1. Writing Pantomime with Al Lockhart-Morley
2. Character & Dialogue with Chris Hoyle
3. Storytelling Devices with Keisha Thompson
4. Exercise for Creative Muscles with David Judge
5. Redrafting - Preliminary Exercise with Becky Prestwich
6. Redrafting with Becky Prestwich
7. Q&A with playwright Alison Carr
8. Writing Theatrically with Lizzie Nunnery
9. Group Dynamics with Tom Morton-Smith
≡ Click on the Playlist icon (top right of video) to select which Masterclass you want to watch.
PlayMakers: Creative Surgeries
Every other Thursday | Free
Join Box of Tricks for a series of one-on-one Creative Surgeries for Northern theatre practitioners. We’re running fortnightly online conversations on Thursday afternoons.
Book your free place for a bring-your-own brew and a half-hour creative chat via Zoom. Let us know what you want to discuss – creative, producing, touring, casting, marketing and more – and we’ll match you with a member of the Box of Tricks team.