Thank you so much to everyone who has chipped in so far! With your help, we’ve raised over £2000 and have already delivered some great engagement activities and given away hundreds of free tickets across the CHIP SHOP CHIPS tour…
– Open Dress Performances: We welcomed over 70 members of the local Manchester community to our open dress rehearsals at The Edge in Chorlton, several of whom were first time theatregoers, including The Booth Centre, members of The Royal Exchange Theatre Elders Company, and MSV Housing group.
– Chorlton Good Neighbours – Relaxed Performance: We transformed Wilbraham St Ninian’s URC Church Hall in Chorlton into Booth & Sons’ chip shop for a special matinee for 66 local residents ranging in age from 50 to 93. In the words of audience member Bernard Leach: “it was a real, interactive, imaginative and stunning performance that all will remember. If this is culture, give me more!”
– Workshops: The creative team has run bespoke storytelling and drama workshops for Oundle and Prince William schools, Fallen Angels Dance Theatre, Chorlton Good Neighbours and Chorlton High School students.
– Dementia Friendly Performances: For the first time, Box of Tricks has hosted two special performances of Chip Shop Chips for people living with dementia, reaching audiences of 100. As part of our commitment to being a Dementia Friendly, the full company took part in a Dementia Friends session delivered by the Alzheimer’s Society.
– Audio Described Performance: In another first for Box of Tricks, we had a pre-show Touch Tour of the set and presented an audio described performance for visually impaired audiences at St Helen’s Library.
We’ve hit over 80% of our target and would love to raise a final £500 to fully realise our outreach programme. Please pay-it-forward and help us help more people in the final weeks of the tour…